3. DIY Holiday In a Jar: Homemade Aromatherapy Candles (15 mins to prepare) from The Healthy Maven
Who doesn’t love candles? These Homemade Aromatherapy Candles make the ultimate relaxation gift and the perfect use for all of those old mason jars. You just need wax, wicks and essential oils.
- 6 cups soy wax flakes (buy here)
- wicks with anchors (buy here)
- 80-100 drops of essential oil (I used lavender, grapefruit and eucalyptus)
- 8 ounce mason jars (or jars of choice)
- wood stirring device
- pens or chopsticks for securing wicks.
- Melt soy wax in a pot over low-medium heat. They should melt fairly easily but turn up heat slightly if taking more than a few minutes. Stir using wood stirring device (I used a chopstick)
- Once melted, add 80-100 drops of your favorite essential oils. Amount depends on type of essential oils and how potent they are.
- Anchor wicks to bottom of mason jars using a bit of wax.
- Tape wick upright to a horizontal chopstick or pen.
- Pour wax into mason jar and then repeat until all jars are full. Depending on size of mason jars you may have some wax leftover.
- Let stand until solid (about 1 hour).
- Cut wick to desired length.
4. Shower Steamers and Melts Made with Essential Oils from ONE essential COMMUNITY
As you’ll see, shower steamers are really very easy to make and only take a few ingredients. The basic recipe is 1 cup baking soda , 1/3 cup distilled water, and 25 drops essential oil. Yep, the recipe is very simple.