Quick Links to Info on This Article
6. Homemade Playdough from The Prairie Homestead
The best part about this recipe is that it’s very flexible and forgiving (and cheap!)–so don’t hesitate to bring the kids into the kitchen to make it with you!
Homemade Playdough Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 tablespoons liquid cooking oil (I used olive oil, since that’s all I had, but anything will work!)
- Food coloring
- 6-8 drops of essential oils of your choice
- In a sauce pan, stir the flour, salt, and cream of tartar together.
- Add in the water, cooking oil, and food coloring and mix until smooth.
- Turn on the heat to medium-low, and stir until the mixture forms a ball.
- Once the mixture has reached playdough-consistency, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for 3-4 minutes.
- Knead in the essential oils of your choice.
- Store in an air-tight container. (Storing it in the fridge will make it last even longer!)
7. DIY Aromatherapy Clay Jewelry from The Pipe Line.
If you have the crafting bug like we do, you simply must try this great DIY project: aromatherapy clay jewelry! All you need is some air-hardening modeling clay, a sculpting tool (which could be something you find around the house!), some string, and if you’re feeling fancy, a stamp!